SSL Certificates, essential for web service providers / web designing / web hosting and IT companies etc.
Any customer before buying web hosting would definitely verify the details about the company, so let your potential customers feel safe on your website with SSL certificates.
Why would a website with IT services need SSL?
Websites providing IT services should offer a secure interface to transfer the information if they are collecting sensitive information from their visitors, such as personal information or credit card details. Especially SSL plays a very important role in the websites with Member Areas or Control panels of the Domain and hosting customers, as they ask for the sensitive information like passwords and their personal details. For instance any website designing company, asking customers to fill in the form and give their personal data and requirements of the project, customer will check for SSL before sharing his sensitive information like e-mail ids, phone no. etc. to be protected from hackers and Spam.
• An SSL certificate proves the legitimacy of your business with complete verification of your company credentials.
• SSL makes sure the security of credit card information of your customers.
• Make your Web site a safe place for your visitors and customers.
• Increase customer confidence on your website.
• Secured Socket Layer Boost your Website’s credibility and get you more customers for your services like hosting, web designing etc.
• SSL Certificates on your website shows your concern towards your customers’ safety, which builds a positive image and goodwill.
Consequences of not deploying an SSL Certificate on IT Service providers-
Before a customer logs into his control panel and before providing his personal details and passwords, users check the security information of the Website, which can be proved through
The padlock symbol at the bottom line of your browser
URL address shown at the top will begin with an https://
Checking the File and then Properties of your website that will confirm that your browser and the website share the same security attributes.
Protecting your valuable customers’ credit card and personal information is the most essential for any company be it be web designing, domain registration, hosting or an IT company, If you will not value your customer’s security it may result into –
• You will loose a potential customer.
• If the visitors will not find the trust indicators (SSL Certificates), they may loose the whole confidence in your brand, products and services, and this may degrade your goodwill.
• It may decrease your visitor conversion rates and may effect your over all profitability
• You Competitors with SSL on their Website may capture the market.
So all the websites should secure their visitors and customers online access, passwords, communications, Valuable and highly sensitive information (Credit card details) and maintain their Privacy standards with a high assurance web server certificate.