SSL Certificates…….. Necessity for Educational Websites, Colleges and Universities
Educational organizations are one of the major segments, which need to maintain unswerving, outmoded and highly secure system, which can protect sensitive & Personal data of the students and others who are attached to it.
Why does an educational website need SSL Certificate?
It should ensure the safety and security of the data shared online. Any educational website would need the SSL certificate as –
• It process sensitive data such as address, birth date, license, or ID numbers.
• To gain students confidence in your website and Services.
• SSL Certificates shows your concern towards your students and visitors online safety
• SSL is a mandatory feature for sites collecting personal data of the visitors/Students.
• Protect your students information from hackers from being misused.
• An SSL Certificate on your educational website will make sure that sensitive data is always safe from intrusive people.
• SSL is the demand for reliable online security.
• It keeps you ahead from the competition.
• Students will gain the confidence to communicate with you online.
Consequences of not deploying an SSL on your website –
Have you ever shared your personal data with a site that you were not sure whether its Secure or not? The same way you can loose your prospective students!!!!
The majority of students now expect security on any online service they use, they anticipate any details provided by them via the Internet to remain confidential and not to be disclosed or shared. If you will not have SSL on your website it may result into
• Non-availability of SSL on any Educational Website may affect its brand image or Goodwill.
• You will loose some good and potential candidates.
• Hackers may track the valuable information, which can be misused.
• Potential and good Students might migrate to some other website where they feel safer.
• SSL is an essential method of encrypting data as it ensures that private information remains secure.
What is SSL Certificate?
SSL (secure sockets layer) is a communications protocol, which is now the global standard for security
SSL creates an encrypted link between a web server and a web browser to ensure that all data transmitted remains private and secure. The Secure Sockets Layer protects data transferred over http using encryption enabled by a server’s SSL Certificate.