Online Stores and e-commerce stores should not ignore the importance of SSL Certificates to gain maintain online security.
It is possible for every piece of data to be seen by others unless it is secured by an SSL Certificate. Your customers won’t trust your web site without it.
Why does an Online Store would need SSL Certificate?
If you have an e-commerce website or an online store, you definitely need an SSL certificate!
• Ecommerce websites typically require a buyer to sign up on the website before he can buy online. The website gathers customers personal data and hence it should have an SSL
certificate to guarantee the safety of their details and information.
• SSL Certificates help you secure online payments. Most of the visitors now expect security as a part of any e-commerce website so that they can safely make a purchase and provide their personal details and credit card numbers, they anticipate all the details provided by them over the Internet should be confidential and secure. Thus, SSL Certificate is as essential for any website as taking a Domain before developing a website.
• Enable you to boost your visitor conversion rates – increasing your profitability from the same level of traffic.
SSL Certificates help you increasing the conversion rates by providing an extra/added security feature on your site. You can hold back all those customers who would have left your website for trust and security related reasons
• Capitalize on the branding of the certificate provider and instill confidence in the customer – Retailers have an opportunity to capitalize on the brand power of the certificate provider itself to inspire consumer confidence and trust. The leading SSL certificate providers offer additional value added services in the form of site seals and trust indicators to further enhance the credibility of the retail site. As more and more retailers provide positive trust indicators on their web sites, so consumers are becoming more accustomed to and therefore relying upon those indicators. The strongest branding opportunity comes from the leading providers such as SSLGenie, whose branding adorns many of the top retail sites.
Consequences of not deploying an SSL on your website –
To run a successful online business its very important to create trust in your customers and visitors, Your visitors will only make a purchase after they feel that their details (Credit card information and personal data) will be in the safe hands. Thus for e-businesses, the key is to maintain trust for visitors and customers. And if you are not installing SSL Certificate, you may have to face following consequences –
• Your prospective customers will go to your Competitors.
• If the visitors will not find the trust indicators (SSL Certificates), they may loose the whole confidence in your brand, products and services, and this may degrade your goodwill.
• Customers may reject or deny to buy from your website and may not pass their confidential information like credit card details to you.
• It may decrease your visitor conversion rates and may effect your over all profitability
• Non Availability of SSL may have negative image of your business.
SSL (secure sockets layer) is a communications protocol which is now the global standard for security. SSL creates an encrypted link between a web server and a web browser to ensure that all data transmitted remains private and secure.